Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Step by Step...the new church building starts to take shape

Remember the main hall of our new church building? (If not, click here and check out all the "before" photos!)
The new lights were put in and what a difference it makes! Danny and Annaliese Foote visiting from CC Kagarlyk, Ukraine get the tour during the installation of the lights.

Along with the new lights the Lord also provided chairs for the hall. That might seem like overspirit-ualizing to say "the Lord provided" but along with believing that "every good gift comes from above", when you hear that Jason just "stumbled upon" these chairs on close-out sale for just barely over $1 each...don't you agree that God really blessed us?!?


The chairs came in handy when we celebrated Cara's birthday at the church recently

Everyone on the team has been working at getting the building ready for services, but none more than Jason. Who knew they taught carpet laying at Bible School?



Petr also pitched in and helped assemble some of the furniture needed.












At the end of the day, they were tired, but this room was transformed and almost ready for Tomaš to move in! (Watch for that story in our next posting!)

2 comments:

Jana said...

Hi Cara (forgive me if I spelled your name wrong). It's Jana here (from the UK). We met last week outside the Baptist Church in Prague. I am so excited to hear about what the Lord is doing through you in Czech. I've just been looking at the CC blog. Fantastic! Please can I have your email address as I seem to have lost it.(my emil:jana_stetinova@hotmail.com) Then I can introduce myself properly:-). Thanks for reaching out to my people. God bless you. Jana

Cara Denney said...

Jana! I was just praying / thinking about you tonight and going to write you! Thanks for writing first. Yes, I will write you from my personal email right away. Thank YOU for praying for your people! You were here first and more than likely God used your prayers to get us here! :)